Individuals - $100 (50 minute session)
Couples and families - $120 (60 minute session)
We have chosen not to work directly with insurance companies for the following reasons:
- Insurance companies require us to assign a mental health diagnosis in order to cover the cost of therapy. Many people who seek counseling are interested in learning new skills and strategies to improve their lives, and do not necessarily have a mental health diagnosis. We prefer not to be forced to provide one when we believe none exists.
- Many insurance companies place restrictions on the types of services they cover. For example, many insurance companies do not cover marriage or family counseling.
- Insurance companies may place restrictions on the course and duration of treatment. This restricts our ability to prescribe the treatment plan we believe will be most beneficial for you.
If you would like to file for insurance reimbursement, we will provide statements for you to submit. We've found that some insurance companies reimburse as much as 50% - 80% of out-of-network services. Please check your coverage for out-of-network mental health services by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician?
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
Cash, checks, VISA, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted for payment.
If you miss your scheduled appointment without giving us 24 hours notice, you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.