Delegates comprised of 31 counseling organizations have recently agreed upon a unified definition of counseling:
Professional counseling is a professional relationship that empowers diverse individuals, families, and groups to accomplish mental health, wellness, education, and career goals.
Counselors work with clients on strategies to overcome obstacles and personal challenges that they are facing.
At West Chester Counseling, we follow a cognitive behavioral approach to counseling in working with our clients. Our goal is to enable clients to change those negative thoughts and behaviors which aren't working for them in their current life situations. We provide our clients with resources and skills to empower and enable them to make different choices as they work through their life issues to attain personal growth, more meaningful relationships, and satisfying lives. We offer a personalized approach tailored to each of our client's individual needs.
Treatment Specialization Includes:
- Relationship Difficulties
- Adult Life Transitions
- Adolescent and Young Adult Transitions
- Premarital and Marriage Counseling
- Family Conflict and Communication
- Parenting Support and Training
- Blended Families
- Work and Career Decisions
- Stress Management
- Depression, Anxiety and Phobias
- Self-Esteem and Assertiveness Training
- Grief and Loss
- Illness and Physical Limitations
- Verbal, Physical, Sexual Abuse
Kim Beggs is available to speak to your group or organization on mental health topics, including:
- Anxiety and Depression in Teens: How Parents Can Help With Stress Management
- Is College Right for Your Child? - Why One-Size-Fits-All Doesn't Work
- Adolescent Development: A Guide for Parents
- Encouraging Healthy Teen Relationships
- Parenting in the 21st Century
- Managing Family Conflict with Teens
- Teens & Technology: Setting Limits & Keeping Kids Safe (includes cyberbullying)
- Assertiveness Training and Boundaries
- Grandparenting in the 21st Century
- Professional Boundaries (corporate training)
- The Art of Listening (corporate training)
Request for Third-Party Consultation and Documentation
We will consult with other clinicians on your behalf and provide required verification of counseling, including letters and other documentation. Our fee for that service is $50 per hour.